Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thursday Severe Threat Similar to Wednesday


Probability of Severe Weather
The Storm Prediction Center has outlined an area of severe weather from the central Plains to Michigan for Thursday in the midst of a frontal boundary closing in on a moist and warm area of high temperatures brought north by the warm front associated with this event. Instability values on the order of up to 3000 j/kg will be present in the Great Lakes for this event, but shearing will be a problem. There is expected to be a weak swath of winds in the lower levels that may help to energize the storms, but with little help from the Lower Level or main jet streams, there are limits to this event.

I'm sorry for the shortness and vagueness of this briefing, but I am rushed on time this morning. I will make it up this afternoon with both Wednesday and Thursday discussions. Both risks are over my area, so I will be sure to get pictures if I can.

Andrew

No comments: